Cyber Security is the application of technologies, processes and controls to protect systems, networks, programs, devices and data from cyber attacks. It aims to reduce the risk of cyber attacks and protects against the unauthorized exploitation of systems, networks and technologies.
WHO IS A CYBER SECURITY PROFESSIONAL?
Cyber security professionals develop, configure and trouble shoot a variety of technologies such as Encryption, Firewall/IPS, Advanced Malware protection, Network analytics and processes like identity access management and authentication.
SCOPE OF CAREER IN CYBER SECURITY IN 2022:
As Covid-19 spread across the world, many organizations had to undergo cyber threats more than ever before. There are also concerns over ransomware attacks that weaponize cloud resources, which make networks even more vulnerable. As a result, there are many job opportunities opening up for those who have the right skill sets. The number of Cyber Security jobs is expected to increase by 33% between 2020 and 2030. As Cyber security continues to grow in importance, more specialized roles are emerging. So, it is important to know how to build a career in Cyber Security, one of the most growing fields of employment.
QUALIFICATIONS NECESSARY FOR CYBER SECURITY CAREER :
In general, basic requisites to persue career in Cyber security are
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer Science or a similar field.
- Knowledge of Firewalls and various forms of Endpoint security.
- Knowledge of Language/ Tools such as C++, Java, Node, Python, Ruby, Go or Power shell is an added advantage.
THE SKILLS REQUIRED FOR CYBER SECURITY JOBS :
Some of the skills required for Cyber security jobs are enlisted below :
- Problem Solving skills
- Technical Aptitude
- Knowledge of security across various platforms
- The ability to make decisions with confidence and show initiative
- An understanding of hacking
- To be able to work effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- To have a clear understanding of confidentiality issues and relating laws
- The ability to work creatively and a keen interest in the IT sector.
CYBER SECURITYs JOBS IN INDIA :
• Network Security Engineer – The network security engineer ensures that the security systems are implemented within the organisation to counter and stop threats. Their main responsibilities include maintaining systems, identifying vulnerabilities and improving automation.
• Cyber Securitys Analyst – A cyber securitys analyst helps in planning, implementing and upgrading securitys measures and controls. He/she is also responsible for conducting vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments and for managing the network.
• Security Architect – A Security Architect assists in planning, researching and designing elements of security. Without a Security Architect, a company’s security system is vulnerable to attacks.
• Information Security Manager – An Information Security Manager detects loopholes that make information systems susceptible to attacks. They are responsible for detecting and preventing cyber threats within the company’s data, computers and networks.
These apart, there are several other Cyber Securitys job portfolios like Cyber Securitys Manager, Chief Information Securitys Officer, Cyber Securitys Engineer, Ethical Hackers and so on.
As organizations all across the globe and across a wide range of different industries such as Banks, Government, Retail and BFSI sectors actively recruit cyber securitys professionals, the job demand will only go up. So if you can get yourself properly trained, exciting and well-paying jobs await you.