Since the outbreak of the Pandemic Covid-19, the world has suddenly gone “virtual”. Conferences, which were earlier mostly held in person, have taken the form of virtual conferences and are called Web conferencing. Web conferencing is any type of online meeting that involves two or more participants in different locations, with a reliable internet connection and conferencing software such that they can see, talk and hear each other in real time.
WHAT IS WEB CONFERENCING? :
Web Conferencing allows users to conduct business meetings and seminars, give presentations, provide online education and offer direct customer support via remote key board mouse control. Control of the session can be passed among several users. This enables some of the attendees to act as the main presenter. The people who make up a web conference are host (who organises the meeting), presenters (who deliver the content of the meeting) and the guests (who receive an invitation from the host).
APPLICATION OF WEB CONFERENCING :
The technology of web conferencing has brought an unprecedented level of communication and collaboration to business. There are several practical applications of Web Conferencing.
• Interactive Team Meetings – Online conferencing technology makes the virtual meetings interactive. When the flow of information goes both ways, participants in the meetings can make more informed decisions. Every participant can bring up ideas, share opinions and have access to numerous collaborative features like Screen Sharing.
• Video Conferences – The main purpose of a video conference is to establish a visual link between all the participants. Companies sometimes maximise the experience by setting up specialised equipments like screen, camera, etc. in a dedicated room.
• Webinar – A webinar is the name assigned to a web-based seminar. It is a presentation which is conducted over the internet. The presenter remains in control in the course of a webinar and may ask for feedback from the audience through a poll, survey or question/answer session.
• Webcasts – A Webcast is the other name of a web-based broadcast. It is a live or a pre-recorded show which is facilitated over the internet. Though the audience can participate, the control is chiefly in the hands of the presenter. world
WHAT IS WEB CONFERENCING SOFTWARE? :
Web Conferencing software is an absolute must, to conduct a web conference. It refers to any app that makes online meeting possible. You have to install a web conferencing software in your device (like smart phone, laptop, etc) and create an account in order to either host or join a web conference.
ADVANTAGES OF WEB CONFERENCING :
Some of the conspicuous advantages of Web conferencing are
• Time efficiency and time saving.
• Reduced travel cost as there is no commute.
• A faster way to reach stake holders.
• A faster way to solve problems than in-person meetings.
• Improved communication and structured meetings.
Web Conferencing is gaining more and more popularity with every passing day and is at times, replacing in-person conferences. Businesses of all size are holding web conferencing to conduct both internal and external meetings as it saves time, money and company resources for holding meetings, conferences, training sessions and more. world