With the technological scenario changing in a superfast speed, we are learning new things and new terms quite frequently. One such term, which has become a household name, is app. A mobile application, also referred to as a mobile app or simply an app, is a computer program or software application designed to run on a mobile device such as phone, tablet or watch. Originally, when the concept of app started, they were intended for productivity assistance such as email, contact database, etc.
But the constantly growing public demand for apps caused rapid expansion into other areas such as mobile games, factory automation, GPS and location-based services, order tracking and ticket purchases and so on. As a result, there are now millions of apps available. These apps have transformed communication from traditional old ways and forwarded them into today’s world. They have made our lives easier and have made communication much easier. Thanks to apps like Skype and FaceTime, we can communicate with everyone irrespective of our location. Apart from allowing users to interact with the world, mobile apps can be used for advertising. Businesses have taken advantage of the rise of number of downloaded apps. Today, mobile apps are getting more and more attention from sponsors, which ensure more free apps in future.
THE IMPORTANCE OF MOBILE APPS IN EVERYDAY LIFE :
A large number of mobile apps are getting launched everyday and they are impacting our everyday life. Some of the importance of the apps in our daily lives are discussed below :
• Social network and communication – In today’s world everyone has a busy schedule. Professional commitments demand family members to remain scattered all across the globe. Social media like Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Instagram all have their own apps and they help to keep in touch with others, irrespective of location.
• Lifestyle Applications – Everyone is concerned about lifestyle and apps have facilitated the buying and selling of products. E-commerce today not only includes buying and selling products online but also comprises the entire process of developing, marketing, selling, distributing, servicing and paying for products and services.
• Gaming Applications – Gaming applications are hugely popular with today’s generation. Team of game developers is passionate about gaming, ingenuity in app thinking and making sure that the users are hooked on the gaming product.
• Other areas – With the help of the Hospital doctor application, we can consult a nearby doctor in case of an emergency. We can also search for nearby restaurants, book cabs, avail various services and others, with the help of the app. Thus mobile apps are very useful in this busy life.
• Work Apps – Mobile apps have offered us more than social media capabilities. They have given us a new way of working – either through apps designed to be used in workplace environments or apps that are specifically tailored to be used for a specialist sector. Performance tracking apps are also widely used in the working environment.
THE FUTURE OF MOBILE APPS :
Apps have become nearly indispensable in our everyday lives, particularly in cities, so much so that imagining life without apps is impossible. It is clear that apps will remain hugely popular, even for years to come. Although the underlying technology of mobile applications is changing, the core of mobile applications is less likely to change. Thus, there is much prospect in the future of apps. technological scenario technological scenario