Stress is a reality for everyone. Stress can be defined as a physical, mental or emotional factor that causes bodily or mental tension. Stresses can be external (from the environment, psychological or social situations) or internal ( illness or from a medications procedure). challenging Here, we are talking
about external stress which is mostly related to business life. Stress management consists of making the required changes to your life, in this case professional life, if you are in a constant stressful situation, thus preventing stress by practicing relaxation and managing your response to stressful situations, when they do occur. As a business person, one needs to deal with one’s fair share of stress every single day. Whether you are trying to find new customers, managing your current ones, financing your business, trying to keep your employees happy or paying your business taxes – the list of stress causing factors is endless.
Following are some of the stress-causing factors, which a business person needs to handle frequently.
FACTORS WHICH CAUSE STRESS IN ENTREPRENEURS :
Working as an entrepreneur is one of the most challenging yet rewarding career choices. Thus it is important to understand what are the common stress-causing factors, so that you can prevent it from negatively affecting you. challenging
• Uncertainty – uncertainty is one of the most common problems which arise from the unpredictable nature of business.
• Social isolation and lonliness – Often too much work pressure and irregular timings, lead to social isolation and lonliness.
• Financial concerns – Many entrepreneurs experience stress around their finance as there is always a factor of uncertainty involved.
•Highly competitive industry – Cut throat competition can be a big cause of stress in the field of entrepreneurship.
• Too much work pressure – There is often a tendency among people to take up too much work. That causes undue stress. It’s important to get your workload right. Focus on time management and strike the right work-life balance.
HOW TO DEAL WITH STRESS? :
To help you prioritise your time and stay sane while running your business, here are some of the best stress management activities that would help you to de-stress.
• Take control of your schedule – Use scheduling software to build your days around time, when you are most ready and willing to work, and block off time that you don’t want to be disturbed.
• Be okay with saying “No” – Whether you are trying to make a customer happy, helping out your employees or partners or taking on all daily tasks that need to be done – you are probably taking on extra tasks and responsibilities to ensure the success of your company. The problem is if youare taking on too much, you will quickly get sressed. Thus it is very important to say ” no” to certain things because only then, you will have extra time and energy to focus on the essential tasks. challenging
• Delegate tasks – Another great way to de-stress and take things off your plate is to learn how to delegate tasks. Rather than overwhelming yourself with projects and deadlines, hand some of them to your employees. That way, your energy levels and mindset will be much better off – both in the short and long term.
• Prioritise self-care – This is perhaps the most common stress management activities and yet not the least important. Leverage any non-work related activity that clears your mind and removes some stress off your shoulder. Self-care can consist of many things like meditation, exercising, proper diet, listening to music and so on. challenging