A workplace is a location where someone works for his/her employer and such a place can range from a home office to a large office building or a factory. Working environment is a broad term that encompasses all of a person’s surroundings while he/she is at work. This surrounding not only includes the physical things and co-workers, but also the psychological aspects of how one’s work is organised and a person’s well being at work. Maintaining a positive work environment thus helps boost employee morale, retention and productivity. Work environment of a person impacts his/ her mood, drive, mental health and performance. If you work in a dreary office setting, with unfriendly workers and non-cooperative employers, then it is natural that you won’t get job satisfaction. That is why, creating a positive work environment is critical to a company’s success.
HOW TO CREATE A POSITIVE AND PRODUCTIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT? :
A positive and productive working environment is a workplace that prmotes employee safety, growth and goal attainment. These environments are most conducive to a successful workforce as they encourage employees to perform to their highest ability. Some simple steps can foster a positive work environment and leave employees feeling like valued members of the organisation.
• PRIORITISE ON-BOARDING AND TRAINING –
While recruiting employees, it is very essential to select the most appropriate people who would be right for your company’s culture and its goal. Conduct in-person interview and make smart choices. Employees should also be given proper training to help them understand the culture of the organisation and to make them understand how the organisation works as a whole.
• CREATE A COMFORTABLE WORK ENVIRONMENT – Employees can’t give their best in an office they find disruptive. Therefore, consider creating a comfortable, productive space that encompasses everything from proper furnishings to temperature regulated interiors to airy space and others.
• CONDUCT REGULAR CHECK-INS – Regular check-ins make employees happy. Stop by your employees’ desks and ask for their opinions. If you have a remote work-force, send them a quick informal message and then do a follow up. These small gestures can boost employee morale to a great extent.
• ENCOURAGE COLLABORATION AND COMMUNICATION – Establishing efficient and effective communication with employees is essential for the success of the business. Simple, straightforward and honest communication builds a team’s foundation and create a sense of belonging.
• DEVELOP STRONG WORKPLACE CULTURES – Values and priorities differ from one company to the next. The main thing is to create a culture that unites employees and sets a clear direction. Because then, everyone knows and understands the company’s primary goals.
BENEFITS OF A PRODUCTIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT :
One of the most important lessons that many leading companies have learned is that, encouraging and fostering a work environment that is not-too-strict and that inspires employees to take joy in their work, can reap enormous benefits. Some such benefits are –
• Happy employees make excellent role models for their fellow workers and encourage them to also take joy in their work.
• Employees who generally enjoy their work are more productive and more successful, because they give their 100% to their work.
• Contented employees have a positive attitude and that creates a positive vibe in the workplace.
• A positive work environment encourages employees to take calculated risks, which are often essential for expansion of business.
• Innovation is the life blood of business and happy employees are inspired to show their creativity.
• People like to work with happy people. Whether they are co-workers or clients from other companies, no one loves to collaborate with grumpy employees.