Presently, we are going through one of the toughest times in human history. The entire world is right now in the grip of a deadly pandemic, Covid-19. As we all know by now, that this life-threatning respiratory illness is caused by a new virus named Novel Coronavirus, that originated in the Wuhan Province in China. With nearly 39,00,000 Coronavirus cases reported all over the world and 2,68,000 deaths, there are definitely reasons for serious concern. What is worst about the disease is that it is extremely contagious and hence several governments have imposed unprecedented lockdown of cities and countries to prevent further spread of the Pandemic, including Indian Government. However, besides lockdown, it is supremely important to focus on hygiene and sanitization as this particular illness is extremely contagious. Our team at KFM ( Kolkata Facilities Management ), led by our Founder Director Nigel Akkara, came up with an objective to volunteer for sanitising the parts of various localities. Our office has been closed down and 20% of our staff has been deployed to work in terms of emergency  for the initiative while the rest 80% are observing strict terms of lockdown as held mandatory by the Government.


As a facility management organisation, we have been doing the works of sanitization and sterilization, for a long time now. Sanitization is the process by which the number of pathogenic microorganisms are substantially reduced, usually by 99.99%, so that they are no longer harmful. Sterilization, on the other hand refers to any process that eliminates, removes, kills or deactivates all forms of life, particularly microorganisms. At the onset of Corona, we had started sanitising homes and offices to make these places germ-free. However, owing to the lockdown imposed by the Government, we closed our office and started the sanitising movement to sanitize different localities, markets, police stations, hospitals,

etc. We started our sanitising movement from sector I to sector II, within the jurisdiction of ward no. 30 in the city of Bidhannagar. Sensitive areas and places populated with nucleated settlements are constantly under the threat from the attack of germs and microorganisms. Therefore we decided to sterilise the area with ULV misting machines and chemicals followed by a steady truck-drive along the lanes. In the second phase, we carried out the sanitising work in the Baishakhi Market, which too falls within the jurisdiction of ward no. 30, Bidhannagar city. After this, we carried out sanitization work in Narendrapur Police station, in South 24Parganas. There we sanitized the vehicles used by the police personnel and those of the people who are employed in essential services. Our initiative to sanitize has taken us to the premises of Topsia police station, where we sanitized the East Traffic Guard area. In our sanitization drive, we have covered several other areas and have sanitized the Ruby General Hospital. We have sought the use of Steriguard treatment in detoxification while spraying it on the doors, windows and houses of the areas, being careful to avoid the trees and plants. The Steriguard treatment uses a highly effective chemical disinfectant that contains a high degree of anti-microbial properties, to achieve a sterile atmosphere. It is a preventive treatment and after the aeration is complete, no residue of the disinfectants used, remain suspended in the area treated. deadly pandemic


In this current situation when the world population is being threatened by this fatal pandemic, we all need to be very alert. Follow all the preventive measures advised by WHO (World Health Organisation) and also follow all the government directives. Maintain the social distancing and stay indoors. For sanitization or Steriguard treatment of your locality or any other place, you can always contact us. Together, we will surely win this battle against Covid-19.  deadly pandemic

1 Comment

  • frolep rotrem
    July 3, 2020 at 7:04 am

    I like what you guys are up also. Such clever work and reporting! Carry on the superb works guys I?¦ve incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it’ll improve the value of my website 🙂

Leave your thought here