The term human resource is used to describe both the people who work for a company or organisation and the department responsible for managing resources related to employees. The term ” Human Resource ” was first coined in 1960s when the value of relations with labour began to garner attention and when notion such as motivation, organisational behaviour, etc began to gain shape. In other words, human resource is the set of people who make up the work force of an organisation, business sector, industry or economy. Human resource, also called man power, is one of the most vital aspects of an organisation. Thus, a specific department called Human Resource department is stipulated to oversee the various aspects of managing the human resource of an organisation. They handle several aspects of employment such as compliance with labour law and employment standards, administration of employee benefits, organising the files of employees with required documents for future reference and so on. This department is important because they are the ones that keep employees grounded by maintaining employee satisfaction, employment engagement and even maintaining workplace atmosphere.
BENEFITS OF GOOD HUMAN RESOURCE OR MAN POWER IN A CONCERN :
The link between man power and a company is fairly simple; man power is proportional to productivity. As a matter of fact, man power impacts everything from production to client relationships and therefore managers pay careful attention to the number of workers a business engages at any given time. The importance of a company’s human resource is best understood from a closer inspection.
• PRODUCTIVITY – Productivity and man power are directly linked. The more people are available to work, the faster projects can be completed and thus more projects can be taken up. Conversely, a lack of adequate human resource prevents business from completing tasks on time.
• SAFETY – When a company employs a sufficient number of workers, the assigned workload is more appropriate because there are more people to handle tasks. As a result, workers usually are less stressed and more rested and alert. A good level of energetic man power thus helps to prevent problems such as burn out and injury.
• GOOD CUSTOMER RELATIONS – Good man power allows companies to keep the process and delivery promises they make. If companies keep on doing this, they can establish and maintain good client relationships.
MORE OPTIONS AND BETTER HANDLING OF PROBLEMS – When a company has adequate man power, it has more options in how it operates. Since there is a large human resource, the probability is more to have emplyees with the skills, knowledge and abilities to tackle current company problems.
HOW TO MANAGE MAN POWER OR HUMAN RESOURCE EFFECTIVELY? :
• Make smart hiring choices – Select the most appropriate people who would be right for company’s culture and its goal. Conduct in-person interview and make smart choices.
• Orient new workers – Every new employee should have an orientation about the company, its products, services, policies and procedures.
• Create an organised action plan – Always create an organised plan of action in which each worker knows his or her specific responsibilities for every project.
• Provide them with required resources – Provide your workers with all the tools and and resources they need to be successful and maintain safe working conditions at all times.
• Address conflicts – If there are problems among team members, conduct a conflict resolution session in which every person is able to air his/ her grievances.
• Be prompt about payment – Make sure employees are paid in full and on time for services rendered.