Investing in stocks just means buying tiny shares of ownership in a public company. Those small shares are known as company’s stock and by investing in it, you are becoming one of the owners of company. With the Russo-Ukrainian war affecting the global economy to a great extent, it is a tricky decision to decide which top shares to invest in.
HOW TO INVEST IN SHARES ?
Every year, lakhs of individuals open their first DEMAT and trading account to start investing in stocks. It is because, only few other securities may compare to the level of returns that Equity shares offer. Online trading has made matters straight forward beyond measures. Steps required to be followed to invest in stocks are :-
- Obtain a PAN – You would not be able to buy shares online if you do not have a PAN card.
- Open DEMAT and trading account – The DEMAT account allows you to hold all the securities you possess in dematerialised form, while the trading account facilities buying and selling of stocks. These are the accounts you would mandatorily require to buy stocks online.
- Select a broker – You cannot trade shares directly. You can only invest in stocks through SEBI-REGISTERED brokers and investment platforms. These intermediaries charge a brokearage fee to facilitate this service.
- Link bank account with trading account – All your transactions will be performed via the trading account. However, when it comes to buying shares, bank account is also necessary. Thus it is advisable to link all the 3 accounts – DEMAT, trading and savings to ensure seamless order executions.
- Acquire UID – You will need to acquire a unique identification Number or UID, if your transaction values exceed Rupees 1lakh.
TOP SHARES TO INVEST IN 2022, IN INDIA
Indian share markets have been reeling under Geopolitical tensions and rising crude oil price. Given that uncertainties are expected to continue for the foreseeable future, we expect that high Beta and energy intensive sectors will remain under pressure, in the near future, with a tactical shift in allocation to sectors like IT and consumer stable. Given growrh visibility and relatively negligible or low impact of higher energy services. However, we bring to you some of the shares for profitable trade in March 2022. Best shares to invest in 2022 in India are:
- Ashok Leyland
- Sona BLW
- Suprajit Engineering
- Federal Bank
- HDFC Bank
- AU small finance
- PI industries
- HCL Tech
BENEFITS OF INVESTING IN SHARES
Over the years, several investors, no matter beginner or experienced, have gained significant profit by planning and investing in stocks. Though unpredictable, investing in stocks have several major benefits than other investments.
- Smooth and continuous Transactions – This is because having ownership means that the shareholders will play a vital role in company’s decisions.
- Diversification of investment – Diversification is another benefit. Adding stock in one’s portfolio creates a greater risk and at the same time delivers large and rapid gains.
- Divided benefits – Dividend income can help investors to fund a retirement or pay for another investment to grow their portfolio over time.
- Liquidity – Stocks are generally known as liquid assets because they can be easily converted to cash at any given point in time.
- Flexibility to invest in smaller amounts – One major advantage of directly investing in stocks is that an investor can buy as per their own choice and means. It is not mandatory to invest a specific sum of money every month.
- They are well-protected by SEBI – The Stock Market of India is regulated by the Stock Exchange Board of India ( SEBI). SEBI is majorly responsible for regulating the Stock Exchanges, their developments and mainly protecting the rights of all investors.
Investing in the Share market can be tricky especially as a beginner. Thus it is good to know about which top shares to invest in now, to make sure that you are not taking a wrong decision.