A workplace is a location where some one works for his/her employer or for his/her ownself; basically a place of employment. Such a place can range from a home office to a large office building or a factory. As we all know, surroundings can have a big impact on our mood, emotions and productivity. A great work culture is one that inspires each and every individual to bring their best efforts to the table, each and every day. Teams that succeed in achieving this goal are more productive and more impactful in driving business success. Research shows that workplace need to evolve to support the collaboration required for fast-moving business today. Your workplace should be such that it supports the needs of your teams and motivate them. Motivation is a powerful energy that drives and excites employees, which results in their maximum contribution. Positive work environment is a huge motivating factor and that is why so many leaders want to learn new ways to make their workplace motivational.
STEPS TO MAKE THE WORKPLACE POSITIVE AND MOTIVATING
Achieving the right kind of workplace is challenging, but the following ideas can change your office from being a “mundane boring” one, into something that inspires creativity, innovation and team effort.
• Create a visually appealing and positive workplace – Create colours that inspire, motivate or reflect your brand. It is also important to make the office appear as open and fresh as possible. Thus bring in some light, open up the windows and let the positive energy come in.
• Learn what people want – Motivation is different for each of your employees. Learning what employees want will help you formulate the next step, when building motivation in the workplace.
• Encourage positive self-esteem among employees – People who have high self-esteem are more likely to continuously improve the work environment. They work willingly in a team because they are confident about their ability to contribute.
• Provide employee recognition – Employee recognition can increase motivation when it is offered and implemented effectively. It is one of the keys to successful employee retention, which in turn leads to positive work environment. Reward innovative and creativity because creativity in the workplace is critical to the long term growth and success of a company.
• Build relationships – Relationships are the cornerstone of a positive work environment as well as critical to customer success. Bring the sense of family and trust within your team environment and it will enhance productivity, drive success and boost morale. When it comes to customer relationships, remember that your focus should be on providing solutions, not making sales.
• Pay promptly – Remuneration is the basic requirement of every person. An employee is worthy of his wages. Ensure that you pay the salaries of your employees, when due. Inspire your team by demonstrating that they can trust you to be mindful of their best interests and caring of their well-being and that of their families.
• Celebrate holidays and create traditions for motivation and team building – Create time to celebrate festive periods with all the members of your workplace. It goes a long way to create employee motivation when workplaces celebrate annual traditions for seasonal holidays.